Formerly known as "Creepy-chusetts, Strange-chusetts".

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Prospect Hill Tower, Somerville

Prospect Hill Tower (1903)

I don't know why, I've been to this tower and taken pictures thinking about posting it here...at least 3 times. My attempts were never fulfilled. I am not even sure why I have been so mentally blocked  about doing it. Along with Powderhouse, Prospect Hill Tower is easily one of the structures that represents the city of Somerville.


While I'm a Cambridge resident, Somerville feels like the part of my everyday landscape. Well, of course if you live where Somerville is a block away! But why have I never felt like making it to a post?

Probably the photos never felt like "right" for posting; it is the structure of Somerville, so I must have been too much of a perfectionist. Or one time, I couldn't even go up to the stairs because a wedding ceremony was going on on top of the tower (Congrats!). 

View from Prospect Hill

But at the end of the day, this is my favorite tower that represents my favorite city. I like the hilly landscape around there. Spring Hill, Winter Hill, Prospect Hill... All of them have characters that pertain to the one of each neighborhood.

So, I don't know why I have been so hesitant about posting it...Please don't say that because the tower doesn't like me!


Locate Prospect Hill Tower @ Google Map 

Click picture to read

MACRIS database: http://mhc-macris.net/Details.aspx?MhcId=SMV.901

1 comment: